CORDURA® Baselayer fabrics. Designed for today’s Warfighter.
The physical demands placed on today’s combat fighters have never been greater. Or more varied. They call for a fabric that can take it. Introducing CORDURA® Baselayer fabrics. They’re able to take on the types of conditions and climates today’s military faces all around the world.
No melt, no drip
This innovative, specially designed knit combines cotton and INVISTA’s T420 nylon 6,6 fiber to offer No Melt/No Drip performance when exposed to thermal threats.
- Won’t melt or drip like polyester
- Helps prevent burn injury severity by charring
- Helps protect against flash fires by charring
What makes CORDURA® Baselayer fabrics so tough? INVISTA’s T420 nylon 6.6 fiber. It’s specifically engineered to be blended with cotton and cellulose fibers for high durability.
- Greater strength-to-weight ratio than 100% cotton
- Exceptional abrasion resistance
- Fewer failures due to holes and tears
CORDURA® Baselayer fabric helps speed moisture across a greater surface area with faster absorption and wicking, which helps to keep you cool in warm or wet climates.
- Absorbs moisture quicker than 100% cotton
- Transports sweat away from skin
- Dries 2.0 -2.5x faster than 100% cotton
CORDURA® Baselayer fabrics aren’t just tough and protective. They’re made to feel good and keep the body comfortable.
- Feels soft against the skin
- Equivalent air permeability to cotton
- Perfect for everyday wear on base or in combat